Susan Catchpool and Garry Baker have breathed new life into Hobart’s historical precinct with the creation of their dream restaurant – Rockwall bar + grill at Salamanca
89 Salamanca Place
Battery Point, Tasmania 7004
Bookings (03) 6224 2929
Gift certificates are available, please get in touch
Hobart’s reputation as a mecca for smart dining has been given a much-needed boost with the opening of Rockwall bar + grill at Salamanca.
Rockwall offers sophisticated or casual dining in a nature-inspired environment, encompassing the amazing textures and tastes that Tasmania has to offer.
Rockwall’s cuisine encapsulates the state’s reputation for four seasons in one day—oysters fresh from the waters off Bruny Island, Tasmanian salmon with crispy skin or pork loin rack, glazed with plum and tamarind on mash.
Rockwall offers an extensive wine list and can match the dishes with wine available by the glass. You may even wish to try a cocktail.
Mon–Fri noon onwards
Sat–Sun 5pm – late
At a glance
- Licensed: Fully licensed
- Disabled access: Yes
- Functions: We love catering for large groups, but bookings are appreciated by phoning (03) 6224 2929
- Capacity: Seats up to 100
- All major credit cards are accepted: AMEX, Mastercard, Visa
- Parking: Rockwall is within walking distance of the CBD and Hobart’s major hotels. Ticketed parking is available along Salamanca, right outside the restaurant, during business hours.
- To get to us: You can’t miss Rockwall. Just stroll east along Salamanca Place, we're opposite the Silo apartments.